Are you interested in applying your dental clinical expertise towards thought leadership and oversight of clinical policy and guidelines benefiting dental customers of Principal?
As a Dental Director, you will:
- Provide dental clinical leadership and expertise for plan design recommendations, quality review/quality improvement, utilization review, provider credentialing, and advocacy programs.
- Provide oversight for dental clinical practices, standards of care, and dental consultant claims review to ensure consistent application of clinical policy and regulatory and industry standards.
- Actively participate in industry associations, professional committees and activities to remain abreast of current, new and emerging dental research, technology and dental insurance industry trends as well as clinical practices and protocols.
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- A great place to live, work and play. Greater Des Moines is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the country. Given its vibrant and welcoming culture, it’s no wonder Des Moines has garnered so much national recognition—including #3 Best Affordable Place to Live (U.S. News & World Report, 2019).
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited dental school, having attained a D.D.S., and have an active dental license in good standing.
- A dental clinical background is necessary, with 10 or more years of dental/clinical experience preferred.
- A license from Iowa and Texas may be required to be obtained within the first year of employment.
- Must complete the necessary amount of education hours for re-licensure.
- A detailed understanding of the dental benefits business, including current practice trends and CDT terminology.
- Ability to balance clinical considerations with a proven business perspective is required.
- Prior experience with the development of claims review guidelines, including actual claims review experience is preferred.
- Strong, effective communication and collaboration skills are required.
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via phone or email.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.