|Imagine a fast paced sales opportunity where each day you will interact with independent financial advisors and executive level decision makers to drive employee benefit sales...
Imagine being part of an organization recognized as a top 100 company to work for by Fortune magazine, a top 50 for executive women, and the recipient of numerous innovation, wellness and diversity awards...
Imagine working for a company that is dedicated to investing the tools and resources to help you achieve your goal of a successful career in sales with an industry leading company...
Intrigued? Then read on!
|We are currently looking for dynamic sales career driven candidates to be a part of our employee benefits sales team at Principal Financial Group.
As an associate sales representative, you will experience:
- Assignment to one of four national training centers where you will learn our business followed by a permanent Sales Representative territory assignment in one of 18 local markets around the country.
- A comprehensive 9 month training center based program designed to expose you to all aspects of our employee benefits business, including: professional selling skills, marketing, product distribution, pricing, product knowledge, risk analysis and customer care.
- Intensive classroom-based study and opportunities to network with, and learn from, Principal Financial Group senior leadership through development rotations at our corporate headquarters.
- On-the-job training with sales leaders and mentors who can help you learn the employee benefits business and prepare you for the opportunity to drive sales within an assigned territory.
Once you have gained the required knowledge of the business and secured your insurance license, you have the ability to directly impact territory sales, overall business unit success, and your compensation through the following:
- Developing and executing sales plans.
- Building relationships with financial advisors within your assigned territory.
- Successfully marketing Group Life, Disability, Dental and Vision solutions through intermediaries for employer groups ranging from 3 to 999 employees.
|Successful candidates will have the following skills:
B.S. or B.A. degree required at time of hire or equivalent.
0-2 years of relevant job experience (which would include but not limited to the following: financial services related experience, sales related experience, sales related internship).
For recent college graduates with limited experience, looking for exceptional leadership, academic, or athletic achievement during college experience.
Strong interest in a career in external sales.
Strong work ethic, self-starter, and accountable for own actions.
Must have the ability to adapt to change as well as manage multiple projects.
Must have sales aptitude and strong relationship building skills.
Licensing will be required based on state/federal laws and/or company policy in accordance with current licensing policy.
Requires ability to work independently, excellent and persuasive written and oral communication (including telephone) skills, excellent presentation skills, basic computer skills.
Willingness to travel within the identified territory as needed for this position.
Awards or recognition from collegiate sales competitions.
3.0 GPA or higher.
Bachelor's degree in business-related degree preferred
|Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Because of the nature of the duties of this position, a Motor Vehicle Report is also required.
|This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
|This position may be located in multiple locations.
|We are looking to fill this position with a start date of May/June 2013.