|The Principal is seeking a Scrum Master to work on Agile development projects. This position will give you the opportunity to truly make an impact as well as provide you with career growth opportunities.
|The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- An adept communicator: Must have superior ability to extract/abstract and report progress (or lack thereof) to any level of management, with particular skill in tailoring the update to varying levels and interests of each party. Must also communicate well with teams.
- A servant leader: Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Highly facilitative: Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Assertive: Must be willing to challenge team members and make tough calls. Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason.
- Situationally aware: Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Interested in continual improvement: Must continually be growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques.
- Skilled at Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches.
- Committed to empowering teams: Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- A champion of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust.
Proven Scrum Master experience is required as well as 6+ years of overall IT experience.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
Scrum Master Certification is preferred but not required.
Must have an understanding of:
- Fundamentals of iterative development
- Other processes and methodologies, can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- The value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Agile practices, service-oriented environments, DB2 and better development practices
|This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by The Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
|Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
|Click on "Refer Friend" to notify a friend or family member of this opportunity.