It’s not what we do. It’s who we are…
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purpose—to give real people an edge in planning and protecting their financial lives. And after more than 130 years of service, we’ve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose.
Through community involvement, innovative financial solutions and dedication to career development, we make a difference in millions of lives every day, including our employees’.
As a story teller on the Product and Investment team, words are your tool to build trust and relationships with clients and prospects. Working closely with other writers, research, marketing, and designers, you’ll be working on a wide range of content.
Content will include but not limited to conversational responses, stories, dialogues delivered through multiple channels, i.e. websites, direct, presentations. The content you’ll write and edit covers a wide range of investing topics and retirement products offered by Principal.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Lead development of content strategy, including creation of email marketing strategies, web content and social media.
- Collaborate and build relationships with various business units, marketing teams as well as Sales, Service on a variety of market programs. In addition, you will work with customers, digital partners to refine our message in key channels.
- Develop and support an editorial calendar to deliver a consistent experience across all channels.
- Develop messaging and positioning for offerings to key audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or specialization field required or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years related work experience.
- Experience with writing financial content and marketing automation platforms is preferred.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Must have an understanding of various digital media platforms and experience with content marketing as well as implementing full scale integrated marketing campaigns.
- Advanced leadership skills, which include excellent time management and decision-making skills, as well as strong diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Advanced oral and written language skills for story concepts and story angles.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in a matrix-driven environment, manage expectations and focus on results-orientation in a deadline-driven, multiple project environment.
- Ability to be confident and tactful is necessary.
- Basic knowledge of business unit and company products preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, advertising, public relations, and corporate communications.
- Working knowledge of software applications. This includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and a marketing automation platform.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.