Strategize. Collaborate. Communicate.
Retirement & Income Solutions is looking for a Sr. Communication Strategist to join the team! In this role, you will drive the development and deployment of marketing strategies and integrated communication programs to promote the company’s brand image. The Sr. Communication Strategist will collaborate with cross-functional teams on strategic planning and results.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Digital/ Content Marketing: Lead development of digital strategy, including creation of email marketing strategies, targeted, well-written web content, and social media. Drive content strategy, development and execution across all marketing channels to increase brand awareness, engagement, acquisition, retention and pipeline. Measure and analyze effectiveness of campaigns.
- Strategy: Direct integrated marketing communication programs, strategies and staffing in alignment with business unit goals. Plan, organize, direct, control and manage complex marketing communication projects. Rectify problem projects and processes.
- Leadership: Direct a team responsible for creating high-impact communication strategies to meet business unit objectives. Recruit, train, lead and develop team as it applies. Create an environment that encourages teamwork, knowledge sharing, best practice adherence and strategic thinking.
- Project/ Resource Management: Manage projects/resources to accomplish marketing communication objectives in an effective and efficient manner. Maximize funding and manage project direction, priority, execution workflow, timing, and staff.
- Team Management: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, and serve as liaison between the business, IT, digital resources, and marketing to lead large-scale marketing campaigns. Serve as a liaison to and between external advertising agencies, technology firms, print suppliers and other marketing related vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus 10+ years related work experience required. (Communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, etc.)
- Previous leadership experience is required.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical, presentation, listening, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have an understanding of various digital media platforms and experience with content marketing as well as implementing full scale integrated marketing campaigns.
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills, as well as strong diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be confident and tactful is necessary.
- Basic knowledge of business unit and company products preferred.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of marketing, advertising, public relations, and corporate communications.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of business unit applications preferred.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and use fingers, arms, hands, or wrists repetitively.
- Travel, including overnight stays, may be required up to 10% of the time.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships in a matrix-driven environment; manage expectations and focus on results-orientation in a deadline-driven, multiple project environments.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment at Principal is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.