As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer at RobustWealth, you’ll have the opportunity to utilize cutting-edge serverless AWS technology to craft our consumer-facing applications. Part of being a part of this team is a love for building products you’re proud to share with your friend and family. You’ll need to leverage the entire software stack to help us realize these goals and you’ll be a part of a team that’s tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
RobustWealth, an affiliate of Principal, is looking to build out an Engineering team right here in Des Moines, Iowa. RobustWealth is a fast-paced wealth management company that is changing the way investment advisors, banks, and enterprises are doing business. We provide a suite of optimized wealth management platforms used by individual clients, investment advisors, and enterprise organizations. We use technology and a customer-first strategy to solve hard problems faster and better through our culture of small teams that have tons of ownership in what they do.
At RobustWealth, you’ll get to:
- Solve “impossible” problems. Take your ideas to the next level right away. We experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat.
- Collaborate, with purpose. You’ll work in small groups with other talented thinkers and figure out how to make RobustWealth’s revolutionary software even better.
- Create efficiency. Our software helps customers save time and money. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering.
- Reinvent the financial advisor space by building “next-gen” customer management and analysis tools from scratch
Benefits designed with you in mind.
Because each employee is unique, our benefit packages give you lots of choices. We offer comprehensive benefits that helps contribute to the healthy, fulfilling life and gratifying work experience you deserve, at an affordable cost. Click here to see just a few benefits you’ll receive once you join our team.
Additional benefits with RobustWealth (we maintain the tight-knit family culture we created from day one):
- Volunteer time off
- Great benefits including 401(k) plan with employer match
- Fully stocked refrigerators and pantries
- Oh, and did we mention our award-winning swag?
- We also have weekly team activities, health club reimbursement, and much more to encourage personal and professional growth - RobustWealth isn’t just somewhere you come to work. If you’re looking for the perfect mix of work hard, play hard, there’s no place quite like RobustWealth – learn more
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associate’s degree when defining “equivalent work experience”)
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Professional experience with AWS technologies such as Lambda with Node.js, DynamoDB, API Gateway, SQS or SNS
Preferred technical skills:
- Vue.js experience highly preferred
- Node.js highly preferred
- Demonstrate an awareness about information security and uses best-practices in coding to protect data
- Thrive in a startup environment
Willing to consider applicants at multiple job levels.
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.