In this role, you'll guide advisors down the path of success through the first stages of onboarding and beyond! In this full-time role, you will work closely with new and existing clients to ensure they’re making the most out of the RobustWealth platform. It is your responsibility to efficiently onboard Advisors, answer any questions about our growing suite of solutions, and encourage adoption of new features that can help grow their businesses.
Are you a critical thinker that loves learning, teaching new technology and thrives in an environment where they’re helping others? Apply today!
At RobustWealth, you will:
- Perform training sessions with advisors to familiarize them with RobustWealth’s platform and support procedures and custodial structures
- Provide continued support to advisor clients enabling them to grow their book of business
- Stays up to date on system releases, new features and enhancements and technical platform requirements
- Generate sales reports and upsell strategies to drive adoption and increase advisor client utilization
- Assist with crafting standard operating procedures, best practices, and improving operation efficiency for custodial and company paperwork
- Provide continued support by answering questions about the RobustWealth platform through phone calls, emails and real time screen shares
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
Additional benefits with RobustWealth (we maintain the tight-knit family culture we created from day one):
- Volunteer time off
- Free gym membership
- No dress code
- Free lunch daily brought in from local restaurants
- Great benefits including 401(k) plan with employer match
- Fully stocked refrigerators and pantries
Oh, and did we mention our award-winning swag?
We also have weekly team activities, health club reimbursement, and much more to encourage personal and professional growth - RobustWealth isn’t just somewhere you come to work. If you’re looking for the perfect mix of work hard, play hard, there’s no place quite like RobustWealth – learn more
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years of operations or client service experience
- Requires the Series 65 (acquiring it within a set period of time) or securities licenses that would make you exempt from needing the Series 65
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, DocuSign, and Adobe PDF
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment, and written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred mastery experience in back/middle-office functions (e.g., cash management, transfers (ACATS), new accounts, etc.)
- Research and client resolution (Not in Good Order) experience preferred
- Experience using a knowledgebase and working with a ticketing system preferred
- Experience working with institutional / Registered Investment Advisor / Advisor clients preferred
- Knowledge / experience of custodian back office preferred (TDAI, Apex, Schwab, Fidelity)
This role may be located in Denver, CO or Lambertville, NJ.
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.