As a Bilingual Retirement Specialist II in our Participant Contact Center, you’ll educate and assist 401K participants by answering inbound phone inquiries about their retirement accounts and help them take action to prepare for retirement. In this fast paced, high energy environment, helping people is not only rewarding, but our number one priority!
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Provide quality customer service and be available for calls.
- Include accurate and timely documentation/processing of work resulting from the call.
- Build foundational financial knowledge.
- Secure your FINRA Series securities license – We provide you the materials, time to study and cover the cost of the training program for this license.
This position is also a great way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 14,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2+ year’s customer service experience required.
- Investment Company and Variable Contracts Representative registration may be required within 12 months.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Two or four-year degree or equivalent customer service work experience required.
- Strong communications, customer service, organizational and telephone skills required.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team environment, able to multi-task, detail oriented and able to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Requires basic computer skills with the ability to efficiently navigate within numerous software and web applications.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Must have ability to acquire strong knowledge of business unit products, processes and systems.
- Must be able to wear a telephone headset and sit for extended periods.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours to meet customer needs.
- FINRA (Series 6) will be required to maintain employment.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish required.
The hours of operation for this department are 6:55 am - 9:10pm, Monday - Friday. All qualified individuals must be available for shifts during these timeframes and may be required to work non-traditional hours to meet customer needs. (Shift differential pay will be available for shifts ending at 7:00pm or later and compensated for the entire shift.)
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
We help people create the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.