As a Customer Care Specialist in our dental insurance contact center, you will receive inbound calls from customers related to their dental insurance plans. These calls can range from:
- Providing an effective date on an account to,
- Helping a member to understand their dental benefits
Our mission remains the same regardless of the inquiry;
- Help our customers feel more confident about their insurance plan to make better decisions
- Resolve and research problems or concerns
- Educate and inform our providers and members about the plan specifics relative to the dental product
Don’t know anything about dental products? That’s ok, we’re here to help!
You’ll receive in depth training on dental products and processes to provide the best service possible.
Training will consist of 8 weeks, Monday – Friday, 7:55 am – 4:30 pm in the office. Once training has been completed, we’re looking for individuals to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:25 am – 6:35 pm, Monday – Thursday and 7:25 am – 6:05 pm on Friday.
What else do you should know?
This is a high volume, fast paced call center environment – and we know that’s not for everyone.
You’ll be providing excellent service to our customers using multiple technology platforms while you answer questions, collect information and document details from your call with clients. That sounds like a lot – and it is. But we provide you the resources to effectively cross between and work simultaneously within systems such as our intranet, online documentation software and other internal tools.
We anticipate a start date of October 7th, 2019.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus 2+ years related work experience.
- Experience working within call centers, customer service and/or dental insurance experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and understand a broad range of insurance products and apply that knowledge by referencing appropriate tools and resources.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute with proficient computer skills.
- Strong Analytical, organizational, problem solving, attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed established measurements.
- Fully proficient in upholding confidentiality.
- Will be required to pass dental terminology coursework during training.
This position may be located in Grand Island, NE or Des Moines, IA.
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.