As a Retirement Specialist for Principal’s Annuities team you’ll share your Annuity product knowledge with our valued clients.
Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Educate clients by answering inbound phone inquiries about general product knowledge and maintenance of accounts.
- Identify and pursue cross sale opportunities
- Work in a fast paced, high energy environment where helping people is not only rewarding, but our number one priority!
This position is also a great way to advance your career. As a growing company with over 16,000 employees around the world, Principal offers a lot of ways for you to learn more, earn more and achieve more.
- Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We’ll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more.
- Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture.
- A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals.
- The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That’s why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
- Two or four-year degree preferred or equivalent customer service work experience required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Organizational and telephone skills.
- Ambitious and able to work in a team environment.
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Requires basic computer skills with the ability to multitask efficiently navigate within numerous software and web applications.
- Ability to acquire strong knowledge of business unit products, processes and systems.
- Ability to wear a telephone headset and sit for extended periods.
Hours of operation are 7:00 am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. You would be willing to work any during this time to meet customer needs and work non-traditional hours when the business need arises.
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates needing sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for future opportunities.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to follow a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about—empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
So that’s what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what’s right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.